Visual Big Data Analytics for Marketers
Origami Logic is developing a breakthrough product for visual, self-service analytics specifically built for marketers. We apply big data analytics, data science and data visualization technologies to deliver insights through a delightful, marketer-friendly user experience.
If you would like to receive updates as we
make progress, please provide your email.
make progress, please provide your email.
The marketing landscape keeps changing
Customer touch points proliferate
Data expands and remains siloed
...making it difficult to make rapid decisions.
We can make it all work for you.
Origami's leadership team consists of serial entrepreneurs and former executives at Facebook, Google, Yahoo, Responsys, Tealeaf and Juniper.
CEO and CO-FOUNDER
Opher is a serial entrepreneur and executive, now on his third industry-disrupting start-up. His previous two start-ups, ClassX, a VoIP pioneer, and Kagoor Networks, a VoIP analytics pioneer, were market successes. ClassX merged with VocalTec and went public on the NASDAQ in 1996 and Kagoor was acquired by Juniper Networks in 2005. Prior to founding Origami Logic, Opher was General Manager and SVP of Juniper’s $1B routing division.
CTO and CO-FOUNDER
Ofer has led the design, development and operations of large-scale data systems for the past 20 years. A successful entrepreneur, Ofer’s first start-up, FareChase, the industry’s first web-scale, enterprise-grade travel search engine was acquired by Yahoo! to become Yahoo! Travel. While at Yahoo! Ofer headed the Social Search group where he built Yahoo! Answers, growing it from zero to 100MM users. After Yahoo!, and prior to founding Origami Logic, Ofer managed all technology and operations as CTO for CurrentTV, Al Gore’s global media company.
VP PRODUCT and CO-FOUNDER
Alon has been working with huge data sets long before "big data" became a thing. His career led him from pioneering the use of data for bioinformatics and pharmaceutical development at Compugen to Google, where he led Product Management for the machine learning system powering Google's search ads - one of the largest systems of its kind in the world. After Google, and prior to founding Origami Logic, Alon moved on to Facebook, as the lead Product Manager for the entire ads backend, where he oversaw the launch of core products including Sponsored and Mobile Sponsored Stories.
For the past 17 years, Scott has defined, marketed, and sold solutions used by some of the largest brands in the world - always with a focus on helping their marketers do better marketing. Most recently, Scott served as General Manager at Responsys, a marketing cloud software and services company, where he launched and subsequently led all marketing, sales, and product strategy for the company's display business. Earlier, Scott also worked at customer experience management pioneer Tealeaf (acquired by IBM) and complex event processing provider iSpheres (acquired by Avaya).
We are fortunate to have an incredible team of advisors and individual investors, including:
Founder and CTO, Cloudera; formerly VP Engineering at Yahoo!
Global head of product, Google Analytics; Board Member, Informatica
Director, Data Science, LinkedIn; Formerly Chief scientist at Endeca
Former Chief Revenue Officer, Marketo; Former General Manager, SuccessFactors
Product Director of Ads, Facebook
Former VP of Corporate Strategy, Twitter
Social Measurement Director, Team Detroit; Former CTO, Converseon
President and CTO, Semphonic, a leading digital marketing analytics consultancy serving Fortune 500 companies
We are located in downtown Menlo Park, CA and we're hiring engineers and designers. Just drop us a line if you're interested.
We are looking for a self-motivated Quality Assurance Engineer to take a lead role in managing our unit test process. The QA Engineer will be responsible for building out our unit testing, building our testing frameworks, writing test automation, identifying root cause analysis, conducting manual testing, and communicating bugs to the engineering team. In this hands-on role, you will be critical part of our team’s ability to deliver a positive experience for our users. See More
- You have 1-2 years grey-box/white-box QA experience or equivalent, on Enterprise SaaS software products (strong consumer background works too)
- You are comfortable working in rapid pace agile development environments
- You care intensely about the little details that make a great user experience
- You believe products should operate flawlessly and feel intuitive
- You want to be part of a close team doing exciting new things
- You are experienced in writing test plans, filing bugs and investigating root-cause analysis
- You can build out frameworks and write test automation
- CS degree or equivalent strongly desired. This role is about developing testing code as much as it is about automation and manual testing
We are looking for a designer with an eye for visually pleasing web applications and a passion for fluid, interactive interfaces. You will be responsible for leading the design of our advanced visual data exploration and social analytics platforms. Experience with data visualization is a strong plus. See More
- Experience designing intuitive, fluid interfaces for modern, web/mobile based applications
- Excited by data visualization challenges and incorporating innovative interactive elements.
- Strong consumer-web design sensibilities. We are building tools for the enterprise, but we have savvy users who know their way around social networks and all the latest apps.
- You have work to show that you're proud of and has a clear vision.
We are building a deep and truly delightful product that combines data mining, storage and search techniques with modern, fluid interfaces to let users gain insights by observing and interacting with data in meaningful and useful ways. You will build an advanced, browser-based and mobile-compatible interactive analytics application from scratch using HTML5, D3, Python etc. This is a unique opportunity to get in early and have a significant impact on the product experience, look and feel. See More
- Experience with at least one server-side scripting language, Python prefered
- Comfortable building complex layouts without relying on libraries like Bootstrap
- Excited to use the latest in web client technologies like LocalStorage, WebSockets and Canvas.
- You enjoy applying simple solutions to complex problems
- Exercise pragmatic decision making, from programming languages to databases to coding style guide
- Passion for data and visualization a plus
Lead Application Engineer
We are building a deep and truly delightful product that combines data mining, storage and search techniques with modern, fluid interfaces to let users gain insights by observing and interacting with data in meaningful and useful ways. You will be responsible for leading the design and build-out of our advanced visual data exploration application - an advanced, browser-based and mobile-compatible interactive analytics application from scratch using HTML5, D3, Python etc. This is a hands-on, full-stack role with leadership opportunities. You must be comfortable working on the front end and well as the back end. See More
- 5+ years experience in at least one server-side scripting language, Python prefered
- 2+ years experience building client-side applications
- You are comfortable working in a service oriented architecture
- You enjoy applying simple solutions to complex problems
- You are pragmatic in all your decision making, from programming languages to databases to coding style guides
- Passion for data and visualizations a plus
We are hiring the first key members for Origami's core team, and offer a fun and unique opportunity to build an outstanding product from scratch with substantial responsibility and upside. See More
- You are a strong developer with a passion for designing and building complex systems. You have a few years of relevant experience building web scale, data-driven systems using open source technology and modern architecture
- You feel comfortable up and down the stack, but your focus is typically server side
- You have some experience with big data technology (Hadoop, Hbase, MongoDB, Cassandra or other NoSQL)
- You have a demonstrated ability to learn new technologies in a short period of time
- You must be hardworking, self-driven, passionate, bright and able to collaborate in an urgent and fun environment to build outstanding products. Bottom line - you have to fit and thrive in an early startup environment
- Academic degree in a relevant domain is greatly desired. We value excellence, agility and versatility above specialization
We are looking for a strong research scientist to lead the design and build-out of our signal extraction engine. You will develop algorithms for the analysis of multiple, large and fast-changing data sets. See More
- You have a passion for data and strong hands-on experience using machine learning techniques and statistical methods to solve hard problems at scale in a relevant domain.
- If you can build production-level solutions it's a huge advantage, If you're better at designing the solution in R/MATLAB/NumPy/Octave etc., and are really good at it, that's great too!
- You are an excellent big-picture thinker with great communication skills, sense of urgency and ability to get things done. You will be mentoring / managing more junior members of the team, and we'd love for you to have done that before.
- You have an advanced degree in CS/EE/Physics/Math and several years of industry experience. While this role is first and foremost about building great technology, it's great if you've published relevant papers and you'll have an opportunity to publish more down the road.
We are looking for a strong hands-on architect to lead the design and build-out of an advanced distributed query engine - combining search, relational and graph capabilities to enable interactive data exploration. See More
- You have strong, hands-on experience building data platforms at scale. You coded large parts of those platforms while leading the vision and details for developers on your team.
- You have designed, built and operated one or more of the following - a large analytical engine, a query engine or maybe even a search engine from the ground up. We understand most candidates have typically focused on a subset of these domains, and looking for generalists that are passionate about and capable of expanding to the others.
- You are an excellent big-picture thinker with great communication skills and the ability to get things done.
- You must be hardworking, self-driven, passionate, bright and able to collaborate in an urgent and fun environment to build outstanding products. Bottom line - you have to fit and thrive in an early startup environment.
- Academic degree (advanced degree preferred) in a relevant domain is a must. We value excellence, agility and versatility above specialization.
OrigamiLogic Hires Scott Jones, Former Responsys GM, as VP of Marketing Read More
Five ways marketing directors can use Big Data. Read More
100 AngelList Startups To Watch In 2013. " the list represents a powerful cross-section of today’s best technology startups." Read More
Now Is the Perfect Time for Apps Helping Businesses Monetize Big Data. Origami Logic’s Opher Kahane talked about the Big Data app the company is developing wtih theCUBE Read More
Still In Stealth, Origami Logic Gets $9.3M To Help Marketers Unfold And Make Sense Of Big Data. Read More